I love drinking tea but I also enjoy drinking it cold from time to time, for a change. Even in winter. Actually, especially in winter when it comes to this specific iced tea. I mean I could tell you about all its wonderful ingredients - Assam black tea, orange peel, lemongrass, yerba mate, guarana - that I've carefully selected but to keep it short and simple, it does what it says on the tin! The nicest kick up the bum you'll ever have! haha
I usually prepare a big batch in the evening, to take to work the next morning in a bottle and sip it all day. :-) Since I've been working from home, I often do it the lazy way ie: having a hot cup after my morning coffee whilst leaving the herbs infusing in the teapot. After lunch, I pour the now cold brew into a big glass with ice cubes and a large slice of lemon. Done. Best way to wake you up a bit after your lunch break.
Quick and easy recipe
Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge!What you'll need:
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 small ginger root
- 1/4 cup of Kick up the bum (organic direct-trade black tea with nutrient-packed lemongrass & ginger root and energy-and-brain-boosting yerba maté & guarana powder)
- 1.5l water
How to do it:
- Heat up some water to about 80°c / Stop the kettle before the water starts boiling.
- Pour the water over the tea and leave it to cool down.
- Once cooled slightly, add the lemon juice and lime juice. You don't need to 'peel' the ginger, chop into chunky pieces, crush them with the side of your knife (it helps release the flavour and nutrients) and chuck it all in.
- Add the lemon peel chopped into large pieces, for a stronger lemon taste.
- Infuse for at least 30 minutes. Ideally more than 1 hour.
- Strain the tea into a large bottle, if time allows put back in the fridge. Speed it up by putting it in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve with ice or grab the bottle straight out of the fridge and drink on the go.
Voilà! Best natural boosting drink ever! Let me know what you think below or share you own herbal recipe #MyHerbalAlchemy on Instagram, don't forget to tag me so I don't miss it @alchimiethe
Interested in finding more about Kick Up The Bum? Click below.